LSC works with several companies and government agencies that have in-house investigative teams. These teams are incredibly important for the efficient operations of larger employers. The Lynch Service Company could never replace a good internal investigations group; however, there are times that it is still important to utilize an external investigative expert. Consider the following:
- Investigations performed by internal investigators are probably not provided any attorney-client privilege.
- Internal investigations have not led to resolution of a particular accusation or set of accusations.
- Some accusations involve internal investigators or employees close to internal instigators, and there is a potential for bias.
- Some accusations are so extreme or unusual that they fall outside the skillset of internal investigators.
- Time constraints prevent internal investigators from properly addressing all the issues presented at a given time.